This weekend was very eventful. I attended my second makeup workshop hosted by Instagram Influencers TwineeFab. This workshop was mostly for makeup beginners. They gave very detailed slide shows on moisturizing your skin, prepping your face, and finding out skin tones. The twins gave you tips and ways of finding out what foundation is good for your skin type and how to discover what foundation color is right for you.
Then the fun and the best part began. The live tutorial everyone could follow along and do on themselves. A special guest was there as the face model, FashionEightyNine. She was so fun and down to earth. As we all followed along we learned about how to highlight and contour areas of our face according to our face shape. We learned about transition shades to create an everyday look or any look in general.
The makeup workshop was such an amazing experience. Nayda and Zayda were so down to earth and funny and made this experience such a welcoming one. Even though I have makeup experience I still learned new techniques. I also was able to get to know the twins in person and see that this industry we are all in is hard but with god on your side anything is possible. These ladies are the real deal they know beauty and the best part is that they work together which to me says how much love and respect they have for each other.
Overall, I can’t wait for many more workshops and be able to keep learning from all these ladies. I want to say thank you to Twineefab and Fashioneightynine for teaching all of us your skills and knowledge. Also, a big thank you for the raffle prize it is amazing.
We all know that the back to school rush is a crazy and hectic time. If you’re a single parent, have multiple children, are a first-time parent, a nervous parent, or a non-parent. Everyone’s main goal is to have a smooth morning and afternoon. So, as a first-time nervous parent I want to share some helpful tips that I am finding very useful as the first day of school approaches.
- Prepare and layout everything the night before. This includes clothes, backpacks, snacks, and/or lunch.
- If you work far or traffic in your area is usually bad prepare to leave your house 40 minutes earlier.
- Attend your child/ren school orientation. You can get all the info you need to make the school year go smoother.
- Practice bedtime routine a week before school starts.
- Safety is a major key part of the school year. Please drive at the limits you are supposed to. DO NOT skip the buses. Lastly, teach your child/ren about safety always.
I hope this helps. I know I am a wreck but this is a huge step and a new dynamic in my household we all must adjust. Education is important and I think us as parents and relatives should make the transition as smooth as possible.
I recently went shopping at Michaels looking for a new planner to start the new year. There are so many sales going on I had to take advantage. I never really pay attention to all the type of planners but since I wanted something new I decided to look through some Recollections planners. I was so excited to come across a Recollections planner that was identical to the Erin Condren planner. I have been a huge fan of Erin Condren planners so I had to buy this Recollections planner. Now it’s time to compare the two.
- Recollections Planner $18-$30
- Recollections planner has many stickers and sticker books in store for purchase.
- Happy Planner stickers can be used on both Erin Condren and Recollection Planners
- Recollection planners bring sheets of stickers, a folder, a pouch and some note paper
- Erin Condren planners have more sturdy paper
- Both Erin Condren and Recollections have same size box space
- Erin Condren $55-$60
- Erin Condren planners don’t have their own stickers so sticker shops on etsy provide
- Recollection planner paper is more prone to breakage
- Recollection planner coils are smaller which can make it hard to flip through
Overall, they are both great planners. I will stick to the Recollections planner since I can just go to Michaels and buy it instead of waiting for an online purchase. Also, because the price is affordable. So, what kind of planner do you have? Do you plan? Any favorite sticker shops?
It is about that time again, the end of the month, monthly favorites time! This month has been so intensely hot here in Florida so minimal was a key factor this month. I also made more skin decisions than makeup so if you want me to do a blog on that let me know in the comments below. So, enough chit chat let get into my July beauty favorites.
- This month was the month of two major launches in the makeup industry. Yes, Jaclyn Hill’s collab with Morphe and Kim Kardashian West’s contour kits. I couldn’t buy both so I chose Jaclyn Hill. I leaned more towards Jaclyn Hill for the simple fact that she is a hard worker and when I heard describe her journey creating this palette I just had to support her because this is what I love in a person. A true genuine hard worker. Enough babble back to the palette lol. This palette is gorgeous right off. Pictures seriously don’t do it any justice. The texture, the creamy feel, and oh my goodness the pigment. That’s just to name a few. I know that you have probably watched a million reviews on this palette so I will just say this yes, some things could’ve been added but these things are fixable such as a mirror and putting the names of the colors on the actual palette. I really don’t mind any of that. Mirrors are everywhere and stick the name sheet on any part of the palette viola!
- Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale beach goddess palette is the perfect go to summer palette in my opinion. The pigment is amazing and I wouldn’t expect anything less from BH cosmetics. Their products are incredible. I used this palette on vacation because I just wanted to keep everything as minimal as possible. I loved this palette because I could do a no makeup, makeup look and turned it to a night time look easily.
- My face breaks out a lot and I need as much help calming it down as I can. I don’t know what ingredient is in this sunscreen that’s helping me but I have been using the Neutrogena beach defense water and sun protection broad spectrum with SPF 70. I use it every day after my skin care routine and before applying any makeup.
- Again, I been barely wearing makeup and that means no cat eye (sad face). What I have been doing is using Marc Jacobs high liner gel crayon on my top lash line and I will drag it a little to the outer corner as if I were going to do a cat eye but stop.
- To complete any eye look I have been using lash trifecta by Milani. The wand is so great no clumpy mess and lengthens my lashes.
- Another mascara I like to mix the Milani one with just to give my lashes a thickness is the Lancome Hypnose drama mascara in the color excessive black.
- I have been into glosses lately tinted gloss any type of gloss and the one I have been obsessing over has been the Kylie cosmetics Koko collection gloss in Damn Gina. True to its name I must say. It’s not sticky but it transfers too much so I must reapply which I don’t like but I guess that’s the case with gloss.
- After I color correct I use a concealer to match my skin tone to spot conceal. The L’Oreal true match super blendable crayon concealer in the shade w6-7-8 has been a game changer for me. Now it says super blendable which it is but I find its best to buff it into the skin lightly with a brush that is like a kabuki brush for best results.
- For color correcting I am still using my NYX corrector in medium orange I haven’t really found anything better so I stick to what I know.
There you have it this month’s beauty favorites what do you think? What should I try for next month? Any makeup brands under the radar? I would love to try any new products and any new makeup brands.
Any victory is a victory for these soldiers stranded in the movie Dunkirk. This is what we see as we follow three young soldiers in scenario one. In scenario two we see citizens risking it all to protect and serve their country. Scenario three we follow fighter jet pilots as they try and do the best they can in what feels like a never-ending war.
The struggle for survival is intense and director Christopher Nolan makes sure you feel that sensation. As the movie progresses we start to see the struggle build rapidly and each scenario shows the extreme ways these soldiers fight for survival. The soldiers grow desperate and who wouldn’t when you have been stranded on a beach for so long no food standing in a straight line waiting to see if the Air Force is coming to help you out. You have no food barely water and the enemy is closing in on you. All this is felt as you watch this movie. Every scene putting you at the edge of you seat.
Dunkirk is more of a timeline of events leading to the rescue of the English soldiers by their own civilians. You won’t see a certain character being built in this story. Dunkirk makes you look at the actual war itself. Don’t expect a character to paint a scene for you. Better said, do not wait for the character to put you in their shoes. You must put yourself in their shoes and see these soldiers. Feel it. See it.
Overall, this movie is incredibly written and the cinematography was beyond words. The way Christopher Nolan brings this story to life is truly one for the books. I know that by nominations standards this movie isn’t eligible since it came out during the summer. But, if an exemption can be made I would like to see this movie nominated for something. If you haven’t watched it I highly recommend it. Don’t take my word for it see for yourself.
I bought this cute mini backpack from Forever 21 on sale for $15 and it has saved me. I usually have a cross body but since I am a mommy of 2 I have to carry lots of things so when I saw this bag I was like I have to have this. Now I can carry more and wont weigh me down yay! So, I decided to give you a preview of what’s in my bag. I know it isn’t much but eventually it will get more crammed and when that day comes I will give an updated version. For now, here’s what’s in my bag hope you enjoy.
- Happy Planner Mini: This is where I keep my work organized. I must carry it everywhere because I’m always working. As a blogger, I come up with ideas and I am very forgetful so this planner is a must.
- Michael Kors wallet: Yes, I have a massive wallet. I wish I can carry a smaller one but that’s not my reality. I need to carry my info my daughters’ info and everything else in here because you never know when an emergency will pop up. My wallet is very spacious so I am definitely grateful for that.
- Flat Beauty Blender: I love this flat beauty blender. It’s a miracle for me when its super-hot and I have to wear makeup and since I’m oily in my t-zone this beauty is a game changer.
- Ipod: I can’t live without my music. I received this years ago for my birthday from my uncle so it’s very dear to my heart.
- Secret: I always carry a travel size deodorant with me because I feel secure. There are times that I forget to wear deodorant and this is in my bag and I am relieved. Yay for travel size!
- Ice Breakers Ice Cubes: Can’t leave the house without my gum. I talk a lot to random people so my breath needs to be on point. Nobody likes bad breath.
- Hair Ties: These are used for when I am done with the day and my hair needs to go up. The heat is no joke.
- Pen: Needed for when an idea pops up and needs to be written down or any other thing.
- Stylus: My phone screen is pretty big so this is greatly appreciated
So there you have it it’s not much but like I said I will give an updated version soon if you would like. Now that you have seen what’s in my bag let me know what’s in your bag in the comments below.
I wanted to talk to you about this amazing opportunity that I had the pleasure of receiving. I was approached by this company called Mirina Collections. If you haven’t heard of them don’t worry neither did I until now. So, I was asked if I wanted to try out one of their famous necklaces. Before I said yes, I started researching the company and checking out reviews everything seemed legit and I asked for more details. All my questions were answered and I had to choose which necklace or choker I wanted. This process was hard but I went with the Poppy famous necklace a best seller. I am not getting paid nor did I receive this item for free so everything I say is my honest opinion.
Necklaces from this line only I believe have a shipment date. Oder’s must be placed before a certain date in order to receive them by a certain date. Since the product is very detailed and are hand-made by the number of orders this process has to happen. I placed my order and as a gift received a free choker. The choker is a simple black choker. I was given the option of becoming a Mirina Girl which is an ambassador for the company and I accepted and was given a discount code for all my followers. So I figured this is a win win I get this amazingly gorgeous necklace and you can purchase one just like it or can choose any other from their famous collection.
The Poppy necklace is a statement necklace made of copper with silver plating has clear crystals and are handcrafted and layered. They are not heavy even though it may seem that way. I know that when I was looking at the other statement necklaces my first thought was “wow these necklaces look heavy,” but they weren’t. The necklace was true to its picture and was even better in person plus the sparkle was a plus. I didn’t imagine that much sparkle. I will be purchasing more from this site and I welcome you to give the site a look around. The great thing about the Mirina Collections website is that they sell necklaces and more.
Hope you enjoyed my review on this necklace and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Poppy Famous Necklace
Discount code 20% off: MirinaGirls