I have been seeing many bloggers getting nominated for this blogger award called a Liebster award but I never paid much attention. Mostly because I kept thinking that I wasn’t going to get a nomination since I am a very new to blogging. To my surprise, I got a nomination and I have never been nominated for anything so even though there is no physical award the pure fact that I am even involved in this terrific movement is more than enough for me. I want to thank The Cup of JOJO for this nomination. I love her blog it’s so inspiring so to have her nominate me.
My favorite blog is FrancessMichelle.com. She really has inspired me in my blog journey a lot. She is a woman of god, is a planner babe, she is an influencer while also being a mom and wife. Her blog has a little bit of everything starting with makeup and fashion and lifestyle things. She is Latina and she has struggled but she has still fighting and I am proud to have women like her to look up to in my journey.
- 1. How/why did you start blogging? Blogging started out as a hobby/project I had to do in college a few years ago. I always loved writing so this then became my career.
Name the top 3 most beautiful places you have ever visited. This is so hard because I barely get to travel but off the top of my head Sarasota, FL, Central Park, and Boulevard East, NJ.
3. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? When I was 15 I decided to go on an adventure with my friends to time square and got stranded in a major blizzard and had to figure out how to get back to NJ. It was insane but we made it home and I was grounded for months.
4. What/who inspires you to travel? My best friend has always wanted to travel and shows me these amazing beautiful places she wants to see and that just makes me want to travel and see these unique places and eat their main dish. Yes, I am a foodie.
5. What is your advice to new bloggers? Research and don’t be afraid to ask. If I would have researched more deeply and gotten involved more in Facebook groups and Pods I would have my blog fully mine. I wouldn’t be scrambling to figure things out with owning my blog. Now I am in a more difficult spot but I like a challenge and in a couple months I will have my blog right where I want it.
6. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? If I did anything right in life it was my two-beautiful strong caring loving daughters. They are my most valuable possessions.
7. Which post that you have written is one of your favorites and why? My favorite post is my recent post which are 10 facts about me. I created this blog because I want to bring people into my world show them my hobbies and talk about movies and random things. My blog has a little bit of everything.
My Nominees for amazing new blogs:
Paper Bunny Design
Bedtimes and Broomsticks
Vital for Style
Curvy Girl Chic
My Planner Life
My Planner Envy
Planner Problem 101
What Is a Liebster Award:
Want to know more of the Liebster award just click here and all info plus step by step on what to do next is provided.
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite topic to blog about?
- Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to become a blogger?
- Who is your favorite blogger? Why?
- What are some struggles you have encountered in this business?
- Samsung or Apple?
- If you can have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
Thank you again the Cup of Jojo for this and thank you everyone for reading.
The Sweetest Thing: Cameron Diaz, Selma Blair, & Christina Applegate are sweet funny and corny. I love this movie because even though this movie isn’t the best it still that one movie we just can’t stop watching. No matter what these 3 best friends have going on in their life they always have each other to push them to face up to what scares them.
Sweet Home Alabama: One of Reese Witherspoon’s best performances in my opinion. She is just so perfect in this movie. The love story that seems impossible becomes possible in this movie. It gives you hope and shows you that sometimes you need to drift apart to realize what you really want. We see in many movies how the guy leaves the girl and regrets it and I love that this movie is the total opposite.
500 Days of Summer: When I first saw this movie, I was like what the heck just happened. I saw it again and realized this is a raw version of the truth. This is what really happens and we finally got a movie most can relate to. I love the weird but funny chemistry Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zoe Deschanel have. You will get all the feels in this movie and the end is my favorite.
13 Going on 30: We all at some point in our adolescence have said we can’t wait until we are 18 or 25 or 30. Well this movie goes into that and beyond. It’s easy to say that but can you imagine saying it and living it. Jennifer Garner is the perfect person to bring her character to life and portray her in such an innocent way. The story this movie brings to the screen is told so amazingly and shows you that we don’t got it all together even in our adulthood.
Just Go with It: If you haven’t watched this movie please do. It will make you have that good laugh. Adam Sandler is like a king when it comes to romantic comedies but this is my favorite of all. The cast looked like they had a blast while filming. The chemistry between Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler is awesome. At first, it’s like really Jennifer and Adam but it is perfect. They are funny and cheesy.
I hope You liked my top 5 favorite romantic comedies. I know to most these movies suck badly but I am a sucker for these types of movies. I like the combo of funny and romance not everything should be taken seriously we got to have fun in life. Watch a corny movie and just enjoy it. What are your favorite romantic comedies and tell me why in the comments below.
- My goal in life is to be a director of movies.
- I have been writing screenplays to become a director
- I want to travel to many places such as Greece but I am to chicken when it comes to flying. I get severe anxiety.
- I have a certificate in Media Communications
- I am a Full Sail University Alumni
- I started blogging because of a school project
- My father is Puerto Rican and my mother is Dominican making me Latina and proud
- My blog is named after my two daughters. It’s their middle name.
- I am in love with import cars. I attend car shows. I would like to rebuild a Honda engine soon.
- I am a self-taught and still learning MUA. Makeup is a hobby I am passionate about because I love the colors and art you can create with it.
Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little more.
In the third installment of the Planet of the Apes we approach what is the beginning of the end to Cesar’s storyline. We witness the humans begin to try and take over their territory. We also see that the apes want to maintain the peace and move on until tragedy strikes. This sends Cesar on a rage for revenge which also starts to affect him mentally as a familiar face starts to haunt him.
As the apes begin to start their journey to find a new home. Cesar decides that his need is to get justice and doesn’t go with the rest of the apes on the journey to their new home. Cesar’s most loyal friends decide to stay and help him fight. As they hunt for the colonel Cesar and his crew encounter a little girl. She becomes a key part to the apes and to the storyline. Cesar also encounters another ape he is unfamiliar with. This new ape has crucial info that help Cesar and his buddies.
The journey comes to an end as the apes on the journey encounter a trader and get captured. They are then trapped by the humans and forced to work with no food or water. Cesar eventually gets caught and what awaits him is way more than what h bargained for. In a deep and informative dialogue between the colonel and Cesar, Cesar realizes this is much bigger than him. War is declared and the plot starts to thicken. With Cesar on the inside with the rest of the apes his right-hand men are still on the outside plotting the escape of all the apes to then travel to their new home.
Overall, the War for the Planet of the Apes is just that a war. War can be portrayed in many different forms. This war isn’t just about fighting guns or how many died. This is more of a civil war vibe. This is supposed to be about the apes but quickly turns to the humans’ war against each other. Cesar never wanted war but he was forced and one thing leads to another but Cesar’s focus was mainly revenge.
I have never hated the human race as much as I did in this movie. Yes, that’s what this movie brought out of me. I give so much credit to Matt Reeves and Matt Bomback for writing an amazing script and directing such an emotional movie. This was a perfect end to Cesar’s story. I look forward to knowing if they will continue telling the story of the apes since there is a new beginning in a new home for the apes.
This weekend was very eventful. I attended my second makeup workshop hosted by Instagram Influencers TwineeFab. This workshop was mostly for makeup beginners. They gave very detailed slide shows on moisturizing your skin, prepping your face, and finding out skin tones. The twins gave you tips and ways of finding out what foundation is good for your skin type and how to discover what foundation color is right for you.
Then the fun and the best part began. The live tutorial everyone could follow along and do on themselves. A special guest was there as the face model, FashionEightyNine. She was so fun and down to earth. As we all followed along we learned about how to highlight and contour areas of our face according to our face shape. We learned about transition shades to create an everyday look or any look in general.
The makeup workshop was such an amazing experience. Nayda and Zayda were so down to earth and funny and made this experience such a welcoming one. Even though I have makeup experience I still learned new techniques. I also was able to get to know the twins in person and see that this industry we are all in is hard but with god on your side anything is possible. These ladies are the real deal they know beauty and the best part is that they work together which to me says how much love and respect they have for each other.
Overall, I can’t wait for many more workshops and be able to keep learning from all these ladies. I want to say thank you to Twineefab and Fashioneightynine for teaching all of us your skills and knowledge. Also, a big thank you for the raffle prize it is amazing.
We all know that the back to school rush is a crazy and hectic time. If you’re a single parent, have multiple children, are a first-time parent, a nervous parent, or a non-parent. Everyone’s main goal is to have a smooth morning and afternoon. So, as a first-time nervous parent I want to share some helpful tips that I am finding very useful as the first day of school approaches.
- Prepare and layout everything the night before. This includes clothes, backpacks, snacks, and/or lunch.
- If you work far or traffic in your area is usually bad prepare to leave your house 40 minutes earlier.
- Attend your child/ren school orientation. You can get all the info you need to make the school year go smoother.
- Practice bedtime routine a week before school starts.
- Safety is a major key part of the school year. Please drive at the limits you are supposed to. DO NOT skip the buses. Lastly, teach your child/ren about safety always.
I hope this helps. I know I am a wreck but this is a huge step and a new dynamic in my household we all must adjust. Education is important and I think us as parents and relatives should make the transition as smooth as possible.
I recently went shopping at Michaels looking for a new planner to start the new year. There are so many sales going on I had to take advantage. I never really pay attention to all the type of planners but since I wanted something new I decided to look through some Recollections planners. I was so excited to come across a Recollections planner that was identical to the Erin Condren planner. I have been a huge fan of Erin Condren planners so I had to buy this Recollections planner. Now it’s time to compare the two.
- Recollections Planner $18-$30
- Recollections planner has many stickers and sticker books in store for purchase.
- Happy Planner stickers can be used on both Erin Condren and Recollection Planners
- Recollection planners bring sheets of stickers, a folder, a pouch and some note paper
- Erin Condren planners have more sturdy paper
- Both Erin Condren and Recollections have same size box space
- Erin Condren $55-$60
- Erin Condren planners don’t have their own stickers so sticker shops on etsy provide
- Recollection planner paper is more prone to breakage
- Recollection planner coils are smaller which can make it hard to flip through
Overall, they are both great planners. I will stick to the Recollections planner since I can just go to Michaels and buy it instead of waiting for an online purchase. Also, because the price is affordable. So, what kind of planner do you have? Do you plan? Any favorite sticker shops?
It is about that time again, the end of the month, monthly favorites time! This month has been so intensely hot here in Florida so minimal was a key factor this month. I also made more skin decisions than makeup so if you want me to do a blog on that let me know in the comments below. So, enough chit chat let get into my July beauty favorites.
- This month was the month of two major launches in the makeup industry. Yes, Jaclyn Hill’s collab with Morphe and Kim Kardashian West’s contour kits. I couldn’t buy both so I chose Jaclyn Hill. I leaned more towards Jaclyn Hill for the simple fact that she is a hard worker and when I heard describe her journey creating this palette I just had to support her because this is what I love in a person. A true genuine hard worker. Enough babble back to the palette lol. This palette is gorgeous right off. Pictures seriously don’t do it any justice. The texture, the creamy feel, and oh my goodness the pigment. That’s just to name a few. I know that you have probably watched a million reviews on this palette so I will just say this yes, some things could’ve been added but these things are fixable such as a mirror and putting the names of the colors on the actual palette. I really don’t mind any of that. Mirrors are everywhere and stick the name sheet on any part of the palette viola!
- Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale beach goddess palette is the perfect go to summer palette in my opinion. The pigment is amazing and I wouldn’t expect anything less from BH cosmetics. Their products are incredible. I used this palette on vacation because I just wanted to keep everything as minimal as possible. I loved this palette because I could do a no makeup, makeup look and turned it to a night time look easily.
- My face breaks out a lot and I need as much help calming it down as I can. I don’t know what ingredient is in this sunscreen that’s helping me but I have been using the Neutrogena beach defense water and sun protection broad spectrum with SPF 70. I use it every day after my skin care routine and before applying any makeup.
- Again, I been barely wearing makeup and that means no cat eye (sad face). What I have been doing is using Marc Jacobs high liner gel crayon on my top lash line and I will drag it a little to the outer corner as if I were going to do a cat eye but stop.
- To complete any eye look I have been using lash trifecta by Milani. The wand is so great no clumpy mess and lengthens my lashes.
- Another mascara I like to mix the Milani one with just to give my lashes a thickness is the Lancome Hypnose drama mascara in the color excessive black.
- I have been into glosses lately tinted gloss any type of gloss and the one I have been obsessing over has been the Kylie cosmetics Koko collection gloss in Damn Gina. True to its name I must say. It’s not sticky but it transfers too much so I must reapply which I don’t like but I guess that’s the case with gloss.
- After I color correct I use a concealer to match my skin tone to spot conceal. The L’Oreal true match super blendable crayon concealer in the shade w6-7-8 has been a game changer for me. Now it says super blendable which it is but I find its best to buff it into the skin lightly with a brush that is like a kabuki brush for best results.
- For color correcting I am still using my NYX corrector in medium orange I haven’t really found anything better so I stick to what I know.
There you have it this month’s beauty favorites what do you think? What should I try for next month? Any makeup brands under the radar? I would love to try any new products and any new makeup brands.
Any victory is a victory for these soldiers stranded in the movie Dunkirk. This is what we see as we follow three young soldiers in scenario one. In scenario two we see citizens risking it all to protect and serve their country. Scenario three we follow fighter jet pilots as they try and do the best they can in what feels like a never-ending war.
The struggle for survival is intense and director Christopher Nolan makes sure you feel that sensation. As the movie progresses we start to see the struggle build rapidly and each scenario shows the extreme ways these soldiers fight for survival. The soldiers grow desperate and who wouldn’t when you have been stranded on a beach for so long no food standing in a straight line waiting to see if the Air Force is coming to help you out. You have no food barely water and the enemy is closing in on you. All this is felt as you watch this movie. Every scene putting you at the edge of you seat.
Dunkirk is more of a timeline of events leading to the rescue of the English soldiers by their own civilians. You won’t see a certain character being built in this story. Dunkirk makes you look at the actual war itself. Don’t expect a character to paint a scene for you. Better said, do not wait for the character to put you in their shoes. You must put yourself in their shoes and see these soldiers. Feel it. See it.
Overall, this movie is incredibly written and the cinematography was beyond words. The way Christopher Nolan brings this story to life is truly one for the books. I know that by nominations standards this movie isn’t eligible since it came out during the summer. But, if an exemption can be made I would like to see this movie nominated for something. If you haven’t watched it I highly recommend it. Don’t take my word for it see for yourself.
I bought this cute mini backpack from Forever 21 on sale for $15 and it has saved me. I usually have a cross body but since I am a mommy of 2 I have to carry lots of things so when I saw this bag I was like I have to have this. Now I can carry more and wont weigh me down yay! So, I decided to give you a preview of what’s in my bag. I know it isn’t much but eventually it will get more crammed and when that day comes I will give an updated version. For now, here’s what’s in my bag hope you enjoy.
- Happy Planner Mini: This is where I keep my work organized. I must carry it everywhere because I’m always working. As a blogger, I come up with ideas and I am very forgetful so this planner is a must.
- Michael Kors wallet: Yes, I have a massive wallet. I wish I can carry a smaller one but that’s not my reality. I need to carry my info my daughters’ info and everything else in here because you never know when an emergency will pop up. My wallet is very spacious so I am definitely grateful for that.
- Flat Beauty Blender: I love this flat beauty blender. It’s a miracle for me when its super-hot and I have to wear makeup and since I’m oily in my t-zone this beauty is a game changer.
- Ipod: I can’t live without my music. I received this years ago for my birthday from my uncle so it’s very dear to my heart.
- Secret: I always carry a travel size deodorant with me because I feel secure. There are times that I forget to wear deodorant and this is in my bag and I am relieved. Yay for travel size!
- Ice Breakers Ice Cubes: Can’t leave the house without my gum. I talk a lot to random people so my breath needs to be on point. Nobody likes bad breath.
- Hair Ties: These are used for when I am done with the day and my hair needs to go up. The heat is no joke.
- Pen: Needed for when an idea pops up and needs to be written down or any other thing.
- Stylus: My phone screen is pretty big so this is greatly appreciated
So there you have it it’s not much but like I said I will give an updated version soon if you would like. Now that you have seen what’s in my bag let me know what’s in your bag in the comments below.