We all know that the back to school rush is a crazy and hectic time. If you’re a single parent, have multiple children, are a first-time parent, a nervous parent, or a non-parent. Everyone’s main goal is to have a smooth morning and afternoon. So, as a first-time nervous parent I want to share some helpful tips that I am finding very useful as the first day of school approaches.
- Prepare and layout everything the night before. This includes clothes, backpacks, snacks, and/or lunch.
- If you work far or traffic in your area is usually bad prepare to leave your house 40 minutes earlier.
- Attend your child/ren school orientation. You can get all the info you need to make the school year go smoother.
- Practice bedtime routine a week before school starts.
- Safety is a major key part of the school year. Please drive at the limits you are supposed to. DO NOT skip the buses. Lastly, teach your child/ren about safety always.
I hope this helps. I know I am a wreck but this is a huge step and a new dynamic in my household we all must adjust. Education is important and I think us as parents and relatives should make the transition as smooth as possible.