It is about that time again, the end of the month, monthly favorites time! This month has been so intensely hot here in Florida so minimal was a key factor this month. I also made more skin decisions than makeup so if you want me to do a blog on that let me know in the comments below. So, enough chit chat let get into my July beauty favorites.
- This month was the month of two major launches in the makeup industry. Yes, Jaclyn Hill’s collab with Morphe and Kim Kardashian West’s contour kits. I couldn’t buy both so I chose Jaclyn Hill. I leaned more towards Jaclyn Hill for the simple fact that she is a hard worker and when I heard describe her journey creating this palette I just had to support her because this is what I love in a person. A true genuine hard worker. Enough babble back to the palette lol. This palette is gorgeous right off. Pictures seriously don’t do it any justice. The texture, the creamy feel, and oh my goodness the pigment. That’s just to name a few. I know that you have probably watched a million reviews on this palette so I will just say this yes, some things could’ve been added but these things are fixable such as a mirror and putting the names of the colors on the actual palette. I really don’t mind any of that. Mirrors are everywhere and stick the name sheet on any part of the palette viola!
- Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale beach goddess palette is the perfect go to summer palette in my opinion. The pigment is amazing and I wouldn’t expect anything less from BH cosmetics. Their products are incredible. I used this palette on vacation because I just wanted to keep everything as minimal as possible. I loved this palette because I could do a no makeup, makeup look and turned it to a night time look easily.
- My face breaks out a lot and I need as much help calming it down as I can. I don’t know what ingredient is in this sunscreen that’s helping me but I have been using the Neutrogena beach defense water and sun protection broad spectrum with SPF 70. I use it every day after my skin care routine and before applying any makeup.
- Again, I been barely wearing makeup and that means no cat eye (sad face). What I have been doing is using Marc Jacobs high liner gel crayon on my top lash line and I will drag it a little to the outer corner as if I were going to do a cat eye but stop.
- To complete any eye look I have been using lash trifecta by Milani. The wand is so great no clumpy mess and lengthens my lashes.
- Another mascara I like to mix the Milani one with just to give my lashes a thickness is the Lancome Hypnose drama mascara in the color excessive black.
- I have been into glosses lately tinted gloss any type of gloss and the one I have been obsessing over has been the Kylie cosmetics Koko collection gloss in Damn Gina. True to its name I must say. It’s not sticky but it transfers too much so I must reapply which I don’t like but I guess that’s the case with gloss.
- After I color correct I use a concealer to match my skin tone to spot conceal. The L’Oreal true match super blendable crayon concealer in the shade w6-7-8 has been a game changer for me. Now it says super blendable which it is but I find its best to buff it into the skin lightly with a brush that is like a kabuki brush for best results.
- For color correcting I am still using my NYX corrector in medium orange I haven’t really found anything better so I stick to what I know.
There you have it this month’s beauty favorites what do you think? What should I try for next month? Any makeup brands under the radar? I would love to try any new products and any new makeup brands.
I’m back for my monthly favorites and this month is a bit different than last month’s because I changed up my routine a little. I don’t want to get stuck in a routine so I try to venture out and try different products. So, let’s get started.
- Becca X Jaclyn Hill champagne collection face palette is one I go to back and forth because I love it so much I don’t want to hit pan. Yes, I am that type of person. To be honest this was my first major brand purchase and I love Jaclyn Hill so much because she’s so pure and fun and a hard worker. The highlight is ridiculous and the blushes are beautiful.
- Morphe 35r palette is such a versatile eye palette it’s great for an everyday eye look, a dramatic eye look or a toned-down version of a smoky eye look. This palette is so pigmented and the foil colors are so creamy. One thing I do want to put out there is that there is fallout on some shadows but not all. The ones I noticed fallout are the dark foil shadows. Which are just 2 really.
- Tarte Tarteist lip paint in the color birthday suit. I received this as my birthday present from Sephora last month and have been wearing it ever since. It’s a perfect nude shade for my skin color. It’s creamy and matte but it won’t dry out your lips.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel is a definite must for me. This brow gel tames my stubborn brow hairs. I never thought I needed this type of product but I was shopping in Sephora and one of the pro’s suggested it because she noticed my stubborn hair on my tip just wanting to go in a different direction. So I was like what the heck let me try it. Best purchase I ever made.
- Urban Decay all nighter makeup setting spray is long lasting, oil free, paraben free, and has temperature control technology. I received this in a subscription box and never used it because I didn’t believe in setting sprays. I do now though. Curiosity got the best of me I was playing with makeup and used it and decided to go out and to my surprise my makeup was set in place at 6 pm which was amazing given the meg hot sun. I am almost running out need to get a new bottle asap.
- L’Oreal true match super blendable crayon concealer in the color medium/deep is a favorite this month because I spot conceal thanks to Desi Perkins. I was just testing it out so I brought this concealer. I pair it with the NYX concealer because I haven’t found the perfect concealer to spot conceal with and this one does the job for now. The crayon helps the process since the end is pointy and I can have a precise conceal.
- NYX HD studio concealer I won’t go into this one too much because it was in my May favorites. It has made the list again and will continue probably because I love this formula so much. You want a good drug store beauty product I suggest this one for sure.
- Aurora intensively precise eyeliner is perfect for my cat eyes. The tip is so pointy it’s perfect to make that sharp wing which I love I have been using this one the most but I have others for backup because it tends to dry while I am in the process.
- Ulta brow pomade is my dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills one because I couldn’t afford it. I will eventually get that one but for now I am very satisfied with the Ulta brand it’s creamy and goes on smoothly.
- Lancome Monsieur Big was given to me to test it out. The product doesn’t come out until July 26. I just want to say this, if you wear falsies this mascara will make you put the falsies down. I personally don’t wear lashes but my friends and family thought I started because of this mascara. I love this mascara and have been using it for almost a month. Now it isn’t waterproof so be careful. I was at the beach it rained and my daughters were like, “mommy you look like a raccoon,” and sure enough my mascara was running down my face lol.
- Eco tools beauty sponges are still on my list they are environmental safe and I don’t have to wet them to use them yay!
- Too Faced Hangover I won’t go into much detail because it was in my May favorites. It’s replenishing to the skin and has coconut water plus its silicone free. I use it on my t-zone and a little on my cheeks.
- Miliani prep + set + go transparent face powder has been my favorite setting and baking powder for a while now. I find myself using it more and more because of the summer heat and it’s getting the job done.
So, there you have it another month gone and another month full of beauty favorites. Let me know in the comments below what products are good what I should try and if you have tried any of this month’s favorites.